ERASMUS criteria – students’ mobility
- Mobility scholarships are awarded to students who have completed the first year of their studies and have already registered to the second year.
- Students of the Department of Preschool Education (undergraduates and graduates) have absolute priority to participate in the program - regarding the bilateral agreements signed by the Department of Preschool Education - and precede students from other Departments of the University of Crete as long as they meet the necessary criteria. In case there are empty slots, these are completed by students from other Departments of the University of Crete. The selection process and the students’ classification are based on the mobility criteria of the Department they come from.
- Successful examination in at least 20 courses regardless of their category.
- In case of equilibrium of undergraduate students, students who are closer to completing their studies are given priority as long as they meet the criteria of the Department of Preschool Education. In case of equilibrium between students of the same semester, the average degree should be at least 7.
- Timely submission of the mobility application.
- Full course correspondence/ matching. Correspondence/ matching with each course instructor in the Receiving Institution before the mobility.
- Regarding correspondence between courses attended at the Receiving Institution and obligatory courses of the Department of Preschool Education, the academic coordinator of the Department of Preschool Education cross-checks the course content together with the course instructor in order to give permission for the student’s mobility.
- After the acceptance of the student’s learning agreement by both the Sending and the Receiving Institution, the period of studies abroad needs to be fully recognized and will replace the relevant period of studies in the student’s department.
- The courses included in the learning agreement will have to cover 30 ECTS. This needs to be certified in written form. Successful mobility has to cover the minimum of 25 ECTS. This also needs to be certified in written form.
- B2 is the minimum level of language proficiency. For languages not widely spoken, a proficiency certificate in the official language of the Receiving Institution is requested as long as courses are not offered in English.
- For the recognition of the teaching practice the following criteria need to be met:
a. submission of the teaching practice program together with the final assessment.
b. Compliance with the conditions set by the EU and formed by the relevant Institutions.
• Second-year students have to attend at least 13 workshops and make at least 13 observations in kindergartens (for children aged 3-6) in the receiving country. If the ERASMUS visit is made during the winter semester, second-year students have the chance to do their teaching practice in Rethymno during the spring semester. This needs to be declared from the beginning of the academic year.
• Third-year students have to teach at least two days in kindergartens (for children aged 3-6) in the receiving country.
• fourth-year students have to teach at least 8 full days in kindergartens (for children aged 3-6) in the receiving country.
- Two MA students of the Department of Preschool Education have priority in participating in the ERASMUS program as long as they meet the mobility criteria. In case there are many/ numerous MA candidates, they cover empty slots of undergraduate students.
Major criteria for the selection of MA students are the following:
- Successful completeness of the first two semester of studies and enrolment in the second year of the MA program.
- course scores
- High proficiency in English or the language of the receiving country (<B2)
- Admission of the mobility program by the coordinator of the MA program and the MA thesis supervisor.
- For the mobility of Ph.D. students the agreement of the supervising committee is requested as well as high proficiency in English or the language of the receiving country (< B2).